Type of Work

Changes to Buildings / Structures

Any owner or authorized agent is required to submit an application and obtain a permit to do the following to any building or structure:

  • Alter
  • Change the occupancy
  • Construct
  • Demolish
  • Enlarge
  • Move
  • Repair

Specific Jobs

The following work to any electrical, gas, mechanical, or plumbing system will require application and release of permit:

  • Alteration
  • Conversion
  • Enlargement
  • Installation
  • Removal
  • Repair
  • Replacement

Please email the Permitting Division or call 972-223-1690, ext. 451 for application materials and information.

Permit Types

  • Accessory Building
  • Addition/Remodel
  • Any structural construction (moving walls, braces, etc.)
  • Certificate of Occupancy
  • Fencing
  • Flatwork-Driveways/Sidewalks
  • House Moving
  • Irrigation and Backflow
  • New Home
  • Patios
  • Repairs
  • Roofing
  • Swimming Pool
  • Trade Work (Electrical, Plumbing, or Mechanical)

Alarm Permits

For alarm permits (both residential (PDF) and commercial (PDF)) contact the Glenn Heights Police Department at 972-223-1690, ext. 220 for questions or concerns regarding residential and commercial alarm permits.