- Utility Billing
Rate Change Information
Per the recommendation of the City Council, based on a rate study conducted by a water rate consultant, utility rates will increase effective October 1, 2023.
The utility rate changes are based on current and future cost increases from wholesale providers, such as the Trinity River Authority and the Dallas Water Utilities.
The average water bill consumption, for the months of June – August and October, is $121.38 (based on 5,000 gallons of water and 5,000 gallons irrigation). With the new rates, the average June bill will increase by $34.45, totaling $155.83 as of October 1, 2023. (See the Rate Impact Scenario (PDF) listed below)
For additional information, please review the following:
Glenn Heights Water and Wastewater Study Presentation (PDF)
Water and Wastewater Rate Study - Water Rates (PDF)
Water and Wastewater Rate Study - Wastewater Rates (PDF)
To provide the citizens of Glenn Heights with prompt and courteous customer service while maintaining an accurate and efficient water billing system. The staff provides water and sewer customer service to the citizens of Glenn Heights, reviews and coordinates the monthly bills.
- Coordinate monthly billing
- Disconnection of meter for final bill
- Issue service requests
- Receive and process new applications and deposits
- Receive and process payments (cash, check, money order, credit card)
- Resolve online bill payment issues
- Respond to billing inquiries and service requests
Request New Service
To request new or transfer water service, please complete the forms below and/or call the Utility Billing office at 972.223.1690, Select option 3. You will need the following information:
To connect water service, please complete the application AND the service agreement found below.
- Application: Downloadable Form (PDF) or Online Form
- Water Service Agreement: Downloadable Service Agreement (PDF) or Online Service Agreement Form
- Buying a Home - You will need one of the following: Closing Disclosure, Home Owner Insurance, Tax Records or Mortgage Statement
- Deposit Required: Buying Home $100/Renting Home $150
- Lease Agreement (Renting or Leasing)
- Mobile Homes - Lot Lease from Mobile Park
- Picture Identification
- Transfer fee $35, no deposit required
Note: Due to the Privacy Act, account information will be discussed only with the person on the account.
Moving or Transfer of Service
Please notify us at 972.223.1690, Select option 3 or by email (email@example.com), in advance of the move or transfer date.
Inquiries & Service Requests
For inquiries and service requests, visit the Citizen Dashboard.
June 2021- Reinstatement of Utility Billing Late Fees
Download the Frequently Asked Questions PDF now to learn more about the reinstatement of the late fees.