Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Signs & Symptoms
Signs and symptoms are flu-like symptoms which can include:
- Breathing difficulty
- Call 911 immediately
- Do not re-enter the premises until the problem is corrected.
- Evacuate the premises
If you are not experiencing flu-like symptoms:
- Turn off all fuel-burning appliances
- Ventilate the premises
Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention Tips
- Do not heat your home with a gas stove or oven.
- Invest in a carbon monoxide detector that is battery operated, or one that has a battery back up.
- Keep generators at least 25 feet away from your home.
- If you have to warm up your car, make sure it's pulled out from your garage onto your drive way.
Informative Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Video
For further information, please contact the Glenn Heights Fire Department Fire Prevention office at 972-223-1690