building permitAny owner or authorized agent who intends to construct, enlarge, alter, repair, move, demolish, or change the occupancy of a building or structure, or to erect, install, enlarge, alter, repair, remove, convert or replace any electrical, gas, mechanical or plumbing system, the installation of which is regulated by International Building Code, or to cause any such work to be done, shall first make application to the Permit Division and obtain the required permit.

Permit Types

New Home
Swimming Pool
Any structural construction: moving walls, braces, change in electrical or plumbing
House Moving
Accessory Building

Existing Permits


Application Forms

Certificate of Occupancy 
Garage Sale Permit 
Alarm Permit
Commercial Permit Application 
Residential Permit Application 
Food Service Permit Application 
Variance Application 
Plat Application 
Zoning Change, Planned Development, Specific Use Permit 


Glenn Heights Action Center
Mobile App

Are you on the go and need to report an issue to the City of Glenn Heights? Download Glenn Heights Action Center App today! You can report potholes, animal control situations, traffic concerns, criminal gang activity, and much more with just a few clicks. You can even snap a picture to include with your request. Download the app by going to App Store for iOS devices and Google Play for Android devices.



Remember: Always dial 911 for Police, Fire, and Emergency Medical Services.